The McDonald Companionship allows early investigators from developing countries to work in a research organization outside of their own country. Succeeding the award, they expect candidates will be able to use the afresh advanced knowledge and networks, continuing to start MS research and/or patient care in developing countries.
This is a joint request from the interviewee and host. Before proposal, applicants need to have recognized an appropriate project and host manager at an organization outside of their own country. A project host must be agreed before beginning the request.
- Candidate must be under 35 at the time of submission;
- Candidate must be well-educated to advanced level in an area applicable to multiple sclerosis (MS);
- Candidate must be citizens of a low- or middle-income country (all countries with a low, lower middle or upper middle income as defined by the world bank);
- Emphasis their investigation in an area applicable to MSB under 35 at the time of request;
The companionship contains of a two-year funding, around 30,000 GBP each year, to cover travel and existing costs, and an additional involvement of 2,000 GBP per year to the host organization. They suppose that part of the second-year funding to the host organization will be used to cover the applicant’s expenditures to attend the yearly congress of ECTRIMS, the European Group for Treatment and Research in MS.
One communion is awarded in partnership with ECTRIMS and is known as the MSIF-ECTRIMS McDonald Companionship.
Another companionship is presented in partnership with MSIF’s member, ARSEP, The Basis pour l’Aide à la Recherche sur la Sclérose En Plaques. This is known as the MSIF-ARSEP McDonald Companionship.
Steps For Applying:
- Complete all pieces of the online application form;
- The Host wants to deliver a supporting report at the end of the request;
- Enhance names and contact facts of 3 arbitrators, including the candidate’s present manager or company.
- LAST DAY TO APPLY:
21 July 2019
early investigators under the age of 35
30K GBP each year + extra 2K GBP to the host organization
34 Days to go