CERN now announces fully funded internship for doctoral students in Switzerland 2020. CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, is one of the world’s biggest and most respected center for scientific research. This organization is offering fully funded internship in Switzerland 2020 for Doctoral students and out of world’s top international internship programs it is one of them. Since CERN foundation, diversity is an essential part of the organization.
You will get a chance to work on your thesis for 36 months while part of this organization. Invitation to further boost your knowledge is for all those who are doing specialism or going to do specialism in Applied physics, Engineering or Computing in an environment like nowhere else on world.
FULLY FUNDED INTERNSHIP FOR FIELDS OF:
You will have the opportunity to work in a diversity of fields at the cutting edge of technology:
- Applied physics
- Mechanical or civil engineering
- Instrumentation for accelerators
- Particle physics experiments
- Materials science
- Radiation protection
- Safety and environmental protection
- Science communication
- Ultra-high vacuum
FULLY FUNDED INTERNSHIP DETAILS:
Internship Organization: The European Organization for Nuclear Research, known as CERN
Internship Duration: A contract of association for 6 months initially, renewable up to 3 years
Internship Cost: Fully funded
Internship deadline: October 21st, 2019
The eligibility criteria of the CERN international fully funded internship 2020 are given below:
In order to qualify for a place on the program you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You are CERN Member or Associate Member State.
- You are about to start doctoral degree at a university or are already enrolled in it.
- Your work envisaged at CERN is all or part of the thesis work required to obtain your Ph.D.
- You have a good command on English or French.
BENEFITS OF INTERNSHIP:
- Initially a contract of 6 months that can be renewable up to 3 years.
- The total period (up to 36 months) may be spread over a maximum duration of four consecutive years to allow you to spend time at your university (for periods of up to 12 months, granted as unpaid special leave).
- 3704 Swiss Francs are allowed per month.
- A travel allowance.
- A supplement, depending on your personal conditions specially if you are married and/or have children.
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive Health Insurance scheme (the contribution will be automatically deducted from your allowance).
- Paid leave for 2.5 days will be allowed per month.
NOTE: Any expenditures related to your university will not be contributed by CERN nor CERN will refund your tuition fees.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION:
You will need the following documents:
- A CV
- Academic transcript: Your most recent academic transcript’s copy should be present with overview of your marks.
- Reference letter: From your University professor reference letter is compulsory. If its yours second internship then can give letter of reference from previous intership.
Once you have submitted the application form then no changes in document can be done, so make sure that before submitting you have all the documents with you.
DEADLINE OF INTERNSHIP:
Deadline for fully funded internship in Switzerland is 21st October 2019
Please note: Panel of CERN experts will review your application of fully funded internship during the process, for evaluation purpose and they will meet on december 2019.
To be part of world’s best organization and want to avail fully funded internship then apply now.